[pct-l] Fw: Right-To-Ride On Public Lands Act

----- Original Message -----
From: BCH of California
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 5:47 PM
To: neffj@msn.com
Subject: Right-To-Ride On Public Lands Act

FROM: Backcountry Horsemen of California High Sierra Unit
Wolverton Pack Station Committee
1102 N. Chinowth Street
Visalia, California 93291-4113
Telephone: (559) 733-5770
FAX: (559) 733-4922

July 8, 2003

TO: Officers and Members of
Backcountry Horsemen of California, Inc.

Re: Right-to-Ride on Public Lands Act

Ladies and Gentlemen:

A powerful, significant opportunity confronts us. Congressman George Radanovich is soliciting fellow Members of the House of Representatives to co-sponsor the Right-to-Ride on Public Lands Act at this very moment. Congressman Radanovich is Chair of the powerful Resources Committee. I beseech you to immediately contact your local Congressman and urge him or her to contact Tricia Geringer in Congressman Radanovich's office (House of Representatives phone number 5-4540) or Damon Nelson in Representative Devin Nunes' office immediately to indicate his or her support for this bill and to be an "original co-sponsor" of the bill.

The proposed Right-to-Ride Legislation was presented to the National Board of Directors by National Director Ben York at the National Board of Directors meeting in Coos Bay, Oregon in April 2003 and received unanimous approval and support. It is essential that all of our units and as many individuals as possible now urge their local Congressmen to become co-sponsors and supporters of this legislation.

You can view a copy of the bill at http://www.bchc.com/documents/RIGHT-TO-RIDE.pdf.

For assistance in determining your representative, try http://www.bchc.com/membership/writerep.html.

Very truly yours,

RICHARD H. COCHRAN