[pct-l] X-Ply? The mystery super fabric?

O. Julius:

   A quick google search yielded the following resutls:

        C520 X-Ply
        C520 Tri-Axial Aramid X-Ply. Windwing's tear and UV resistant C520
        X-Ply is the most technically sophisticated sailcloth available. ...
        www.windwing.com/2001/htmlpagefolder/c520.html - 2k - Cached -
Similar pages

        XPly (GFRP)
        Example of Cross-ply laminate (Glass Fiber/Epoxy, Partial Entry). AE
Activity (AE,
        Load vs. Time). (38k). Material. Matrix: Epoxy. Fiber: Glass. Fiber
diameter: 7 mm. ...
        www.aendt.com/Atlas/xply_(gfrp).htm - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

Happy trails,

Richard

At 04:18 PM 7/8/03 -0700, O. Julius wrote:
>Hi there everyone! This question maybe a little late in coming, but here it
goes...
>My father-in-law attended the ADZPCTKO and really had a blast! He garnered
quite an impressive little collection of lightweight ideas in just one
day...a true meeting of the minds!
>When he got back, he told me about a fabric called "X-Ply" which is
supposed to be very strong, waterproof, and LIGHTER than silnylon! I have
searched and searched, but can't find this stuff. I did find a sailcloth
place, which I'm assuming this is some kind of spinnaker cloth, but no where
to purchase it. HELP! Could anyone provide me with some insight? I'm trying
to make an ultralight poncho-tarp.