Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 5:49 PM
To: 'pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net'
Subject: [pct-l] Belden trail route query

Greetings to all from a long-time lurker.

My question today concerns the Chips Creek section of the trail northbound
out of Belden to Poison Spring.

I've called the forest service twice in the past few weeks trying to
determine if the current route is still the re-route, if the re-route became
the "new" permanent route or if we're back to the "old" permanent route. The
two people I spoke to were nice but totally unable to tell me.

Also, I'm wondering how hard the route-finding is through here (or, to put
it another way, how easy it is to get lost on the maze of jeep tracks).

I'm planning on camping near the point below Poison Spring where the trail
crosses a creek.

Thanks,

DP