[pct-l] Giardia strikes the thru's!

I thought this was interesting in light of recent discussions. Maybe
it's not the water, but she is traveling with a large group of thrus,
and I would expect food sharing along the way. It's all speculation, but
a week or so prior to this journal entry, she was walking out of the
town of Mojave, on her way to Onyx. What's the incubation time?

from the trail journal of Yogi, '03
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=39377

"So, this giardia thing ? I don?t see any way that I could POSSIBLY have
giardia. I filter ALL my water EVERY TIME. There was a time the day
before I got to KM when I dropped my out hose into Spanish Needle Creek
TWICE, but each time I Aqua-Mira?d that water and then shoved my out
hose into the Aqua-Mira water. That should have killed everything.

I?m really careful with my hoses. The out-hose on my filter NEVER
touches the in-hose. And I use Aqua-Mira to chemically treat anything
suspicious."

Eckert