[pct-l] Ice Axe and Crampons?

Greetings:

In a recent thread, I noticed that there were a number of writers who thought that an ice axe might be advisable under certain conditions on the trail, but I don't remember anyone suggesting crampons. Perhaps I missed it. Anyway, I certainly feel more comfortable in steep snow with crampons on my boots.

I've tried out the lighter weight Stubai crampons (aluminum - dull points) on Lowa Sarek hiking boots. They weren't as secure as step-in crampons on mountaineering boots, but they were much more secure than heavily-lugged Vibram soles.

I don't have experience carrying an ice axe and/or crampons on a long trek and am looking for comments. I'm especially interested in the parts of the trail from KM (south) to Echo Lake.

Thanks,
Jim