[pct-l] Section N

I just this moment left a message on the telephone of the Resource Officer of the Lassen National Forest, Almanor District.

I am glad all the concerns and problems about Section N have been talked about on this forum and I appreciate all the feedback.

In contacting the National Forest, I hope to begin the process of joining resources and getting some volunteer crews on the sites that have been mentioned and help clear the trail.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite all hikers to please volunteer your time and energy to help keep the Pacific Crest Trail open for all to enjoy.  It is my personal philosophy that whoever uses the trail should then give back to it. A gentle reminder that the trail is mainly over seen by volunteers such as those through the Pacific Crest Trail Association.

Yes, there are governmental agencies assisted to do such chores but to spent our time debating whose job it is to do what, the condition of our beloved PCT becomes even worse.

I challenge each and every hiker to give back just once each summer by being apart of a volunteer trail crew. You would not only be around other hikers and on the PCT but help clear the trail so that letters like this need not be written.

Thank you for listening with an understanding ear.

Respectfully,

JoAnn M. Michael
Regional Coordinator, Northern California
Pacific Crest Trail Association