From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Eckert
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 7:41 PM
To: PCT-L
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Snake vittles

You're laughing, but I've been trying for a couple of years to come up
with a way to grill food in areas where open fires aren't allowed.  My
last attempt involved going to the local religous supply store, and
buying a couple of ultralight briquets that are to keep incense lit
while enclosed in a censer <sp I'm sure>.  Their weight was acceptable,
but their consistancy was too brittle...similar to a block of graphite.
 I couldn't keep them from turning to powder at the slightest bump.  But

now, you've got me thinking...little sierra trout on a bamboo yakatori
stick held over the raging flame of my brasslite.