[pct-l] Sec. H - Trout Lake and Wind River Ranger Stationaddress/phone

Although this is a long section, most folks carry enough for the whole
section. Doing the road walk can cut 1-2 days.

Found these reference on the Web (don't you love it!) via US Postal Service
site. The "town" is really just a cross road, so I don't know what the 6
miles West means. There is a ranger station close to this junction. Don't
know where the PCT is from that point- someplace toward Mt. Adams. Probably
lightly traveled roads - expect to hike into and out. Give them a call.
Check the hours.

      6.0 mi W   Trout Lake Main Office, 509-395-2108, 2393 Highway 141,
Trout Lake, WA 98650 [Approx]

Have this note about another ranger station at Carson (near Panther Creek)
that is said to accept packages:

Wind River Ranger Station

1262 Hemlock Rd, Carson, WA, 98610

(509) 427-3200.

This is just north of Carson WA and less than a mile south of the PCT trail.

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR
m.karon@attbi.com