[pct-l] Sec. H

In perusing my August options, I have been considering doing Sec. H. in
Washington southbound from White Pass to the Columbia River. I have a few
questions for those of you "in the know":

*	Do you have any anecdotal, general advice for this section?
*	Is this a "hang your food", "canister your food", or "don't worry
about it" kinda place? I'm used to OR, which mostly falls into the last
category.
*	My 15-20 mpd aren't going to get my through this section without a
resupply or some really creative packing. I noticed that where the trail
crosses rd. 23, near Mt. Adams, the maps indicate that Trout Creek,
presumably a small town, is only 11 mi. south. Has anyone ever tried to use
this as a resupply point? Does it even have a post office? Is there enough
traffic on that road to hitch?
*	What kinds of precautions/equipment would you recommend for the Goat
Rocks/Packwood Glacier area? No problem, or more like the Khumbu Icefall?

I thank you in advance for all your help and feedback.

See you on the trail!

Judson Brown
"Pounder"
Ashland, OR