[pct-l] Feet Expansion

I had a size 7 foot for approximately 10 years until I thru-hiked since then
it has been a size 8.  I'm pretty sure this isn't a perception issue, or is
it?  I perceive that my feet are bigger and damn if they aren't!  For many
people the repetitive pounding with increased body weight (ie. carrying a
pack) makes their feet expand.  I'm not sure what the clinical explanation
is... but it is definitely a reality (any MDs out there?).  Also, I wore
boots on my entire thru-hike ...  So anyone who has never thru-hiked should
take heed, it can happen, has happened, and is pretty miserable when it does
happen.