[pct-l] Feet Expansion

I went from size 12 to size 13, but that was when I started running
seriously, not when I began thruhiking.  You may be right, that foot expansion is more
perception than reality.  I increased my shoe size because my toes hurt.
That's when I began running.  Did my toes hurt because I was running or because my
original shoes were too small.  I suspect the answer to that is, "Yes, to
both."

When we begin running or hiking long distances, we quickly get the message
that our toes need more room.  I suspect that most of us wear shoes that are a
size too small until we start really testing our feet.  Does this make sense to
anyone else on this list?
_____