[pct-l] 2004 Hopefuls...

Pick up your ice axe at Kennedy Meadows (South).  Leave the crampons home
(MHO).  Ship the axe home at Tuolumne Meadows or earlier, depending on the snow
level.

Breaking in a new pair of hiking boots in mid-trail has to be done on the
fly, if at all.  Long distance hikers these days are usually sending themselves a
new pair of trail runners, not hiking boots, every 1K miles or so, assuming
they're carrying a relatively light pack.  Size up when needed, no breaking in
required.
_____