[pct-l] Water Purification Ideas requested

Hello to all listees, What's the latest and lightest way to purify water? On my thru-hike of most of Calif. in 2000 we used the SafewaterAnywhere inline filter but they seem to be out of business now. Any suggestions?

Myself and Melouise Pfeffer "Pell Mell" completed our PCT hike of Calif. last summer in all that heat! This year we start at Callahan's 7/14 and will hike all of Oregon (hopefully).

Good luck to all this year's thru-hikers!

Laraine "La de da" Downer