[pct-l] JMT questions

Hi Ron,

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Ron Pepper wrote:

> What are good strategies to handle the heat? Is the mylar covered
> umbrella (a'la Jardine) a good idea, or is it more hassle than it's
> worth? What other things could we do? Or is the heat issue not really a
> problem?

I recommend using a straw hat. They provide a lot of shade (if wooven
tightly maybe SFP 8) and allow for a lot of airflow. Straw hats might look
flimsy, but last me a season and are inexpensive. Otherwise, don't try to
hike between noon and 2pm if it is hot, maybe even longer. Just find good
shade and relax.

Ilja.