[pct-l] Backpacker Article - Body of a Backpacker

The article is interesting enough, and when I see those guys and gals they
used, it makes me want to cut out the fat even more. Most hikers I know
could not relate to "fanatics" with 9 to 14% body fat. I guess they were
comparing the elite of hiking to those of other sports, but who do we know
with 9% body fat? Back here down on earth, I agree with Pete, if I had 9%
body fat, imagine the food I would need to carry to do a week hike! Yet I
have heard that any extra body fat is a drain on going uphill at altitude,
as it robs the body of oxygen and does no work.