[pct-l] Faulty logic

When speaking of issues of logic, perhaps those of life and death ought to
be included.  Bears outside of National Parks are hunted.  They have learned
to run from human contact.  Bears in National Parks have little or no fear
of humans.

Stealth camping outside of national parks is a matter of technique and
style.  Inside national parks it is the same with the added dimension that
bears are unafraid of humans and may frequent human campsites in search of
food.

When you are lying under your tarp, 75' from the trail on an overlook,
alone, in a national park or wilderness in which bears aren't hunted, your
food part of your pillow, do you hear every noise as a threat?  Or do you
feel yourself as part of the night's movement, the ecology of the
wilderness?

I feel it is a matter of perception.  What really happens will only be known
when it happens.  I feel the more important question is "how do we want to
live our lives?"  How we live day to day on the trail can answer this
question.

Jeff Olson
Laramie, Wy...