[pct-l] dogs on trail

There are quite a few sections of the trail which have been created with
crushed rock, dynamited, etc.  The rocks are multi-edged and sharp.   Worse than
that, though, are the hundreds of miles on sandy surfaces.  We're protected by
our footwear, but try walking in your bare feet along the trail.   Ground
temperatures can hit 120 degrees +, not good for a dog's pads.   Unlike humans,
the only species who forgets to drink, dogs need a constant supply of water.
I'd be constantly worried about my dog if I had him with me on the trip.

john