From: "Steve Boucher" <steve.boucher2@verizon.net>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 2:55 PM
Subject: [pct-l] thru-hiking in 2005

Hi Jeff,

I have been monitoring a journal posted by a gentleman who is hiking the PCT
with his dog this year. You may be interesting in following this too. Here
is the link:

http://www.trailjournals.com/superman/

When I was a kid, I would always hike with my dog. To me having my dog with
me was part of the hiking and camping experience. I am pretty sure the dog
enjoyed it too. Hiking the entire PCT with your dog might be a different
story and present some challenges beyond the hike itself.  Looking at
Superman's journal may help you decide whether to do this or not. He has
experience doing this on other long distance hikes and should be able to
provide you with some insight to help you with your decision.

Cheers,
Steve.