[pct-l] Backpacking with a cervical disc herniation

Christine,
I've had a protruding disc lower back for over 20 years. Thought I could
never backpack again. I took it back up in 2000 and my back has never been
better.I use to have a minimum of 3-4 of nothing but bed rest days a year.
This year I've had none.I  occasionally have some pain on the trail , most
of the time after a town stop and sleeping on a soft mattress. But that
often dissipates after 5-10 miles of trail.
The non-force chiropractor I use to use would put a weird pair of shoes on
me and many of the movements she made would involve turning the feet . It
worked .
  I wish You a speedy recovery and the hope that backpacking is as curative
for you as it is for me.

jeff (rogue