[pct-l] Tuolumne Meadows Backpacking Info

Hi Grant
If you are continuing on the trail from Tuolumne
Meadows, you may legally stay in the backpackers
camping area for two nights. The rule is one night
before the trip and one after the trip, but I just
talked with the campground office and they said no
problem if you are hiking in and out...two consecutive
nights are okay.
Otherwise, half the campground is technically on a
"same day" reservation system, so if you were to get
in line early on Thursday, you could probably get a
site in the main campground.
The TM post office hours are M-F 9-4,Sat 9-noon.  The
phone number is (209)372-8236.  Address your packages
to yourself, Tuolumne Meadows Post Office, Yosemite,
CA 95389. You should put a "hold for PCT hiker (or
JMT, or ?) and an ETA date somewhere on the box.
The store is well stocked and you can easily resupply
there if you don't want to hassle with the mail.
I live in the park and have worked many summers in
Tuolumne Meadows, so if I can answer any more
questions, feel free to ask!
Katy