[pct-l] pain relievers

I posted this question over on the women's list and now would like to ask you
all too...

I'm doing the TM to Happy Isles (Cathedral Lakes) trail in July with 5 other
women, one of whom we know has an altitude problem. I'm wondering what meds to
take both for altitude & hiking aches. We're dawdling over 3 days.

What's the difference between Advil, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and aspirin?

I have a friend who climbed Mt Whitney last year and said some women hikers
along the trail who were nurses were recommending aspirin every 2 hrs for
altitude problems. But I know most people take "vitamin I" for aches and
don't know
if that would do for both problems. In other words, does the aspirin do
something different than ibuprofen? Like are we trying to thin our blood vs
dealing
with a headache?

Becki