[pct-l] Tuolumne Meadows Backpacking Info

This is the info I had in 2000.

Shouldn't be a problem getting a campsite in the hiker area. Don't know
about getting a regular site. There is one large camping area with a certain
area designated for hikers without cars. There is a special building for
registering. Have your hiking permit to show.

The store is well supplied and a treat - fresh veggies and fruit. The cafe
was also good. Tuolumne tends to be cold at night. A great stop.

Address:

Always give your name, expected arrival date, and state "Hold for PCT
Hiker". Hours may change, so don't depend on what I have.  Call them.

Tuolumne Meadows, CA

  Post Office

  Yosemite National Park

  Tuolumne Meadows, CA 95389

  (209) 372-0263

M-F 9-5 Sat 9-12

      Groceries good

      Campground has special hiker area

      Snack bar food OK

      Restaurant/showers at tent lodge about 1+ miles away

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR
m.karon@attbi.com