[pct-l] Tuolumne Meadows Backpacking Info

We're planning a "trans-sierra" trek this summer with a layover in
Tuolumne.  I've got a bunch of questions and would appreciate any
and all help!  Thanks.

We will be coming into Tuolumne from over Donohue Pass, arriving
on a Wed. night.  I understand there is a campground for backpackers
to stay 1 night for $5.  Will we have any problem getting Thurs. night
at the campgrounds nearby ($18 / 6 people / night)?

As far as reprovisions .... how and where can we send them?  I've
heard about the U.S.P.S. office.  Are they open M-F, normal hours?
How do we address the package?  Are there any limits, gotchas, or
suggestions?

Thank you in advance!  (I've got a couple of other questions that I'll post
in a day or so.)

----
Grant