[pct-l] Jardine article at backpackinglight.com

Dave wrote:

> t reads like a guy that has been paid by jardine totel pro jardine.

	Hey, Dave! There you are. You must be a real busy guy, what with all
the irons you have the fire and all. Every time I ask you specific
questions you fail to answer them, and disappear for awhile. Must be off
on another trip, I guess.

	Well, since I found you, perhaps you could respond to my posts here.
I'll add a copy below, since I figure you haven't seen it yet.
(Apologies to the PCT folks, this has more to do with the CDT.)

	Ron, eagerly awaiting your response.

---

        Dave, my man, you're back! And so am I, from my honeymoon. You
never
answered my questions, which I was so happy to ask of a double Triple
Crown hiker -

How about a brief description of the trail from Marias Pass to Kevan
Mountain along the CDT? I may be hiking a portion of it this summer, and
would like to hear from someone who has been there.

> well unlike people like Ron Martino that claim to be from montana and
> never get out and hike montana I did a nice long and definitely not
> light weight hike. I  started at the one side of the highest peak in
> montana went up and over the highest peak and was on there for the
> anniversary of the first summit of Everest.

        Aw, too bad you did it while I was on the Oregon coast. I had
really
wanted to be there for your start. So, give with the details -

What trailheads did you start and end at?

What route did you take?

How long was your total hike?

How about posting your gear list? I'm sure folks would love to hear
what's required on such a hike in the early summer in Montana.

> I encountered ice in lot of places and used ice climbing gear to get the
> hike done.

        No doubt. There's still snow on paltry little Lolo Peak when I
got
back. I would expect Granite to have "ice in lot of places" much later
into the season than this.

> I suppose Ron never once got off his computer and aclty hiked one inch.

        'Fraid you're wrong, guy. But we're talking about your
accomplishments.
Come on, we need a more detailed trip report than that!

> Dave
> Double triple crown  hiker
> Conferred may 2003

        Oh, congratulations! You must be terribly proud! Looking forward
hearing from such a masterful expert...

--

must preside at our assemblies.
	William O. Douglas