[pct-l] Section N

I did 10.10 miles yesterday in Section N from the Crystal Lake State Fish Hatchery to Hwy. 89 at the entrance to McArthur-Burney Falls State Park.

It was a lovely hike for both my dog and I having the trail all to ourselves - saw no one all day.

But, there is bad news. I just wanted to advise any hikers going through there that when the guide book (p.418) makes reference to poison oak, they aren't kidding. It is a mess right by the road, in particular. It is almost shoulder high at one spot and covers the trail.  I hope to go back and cut it down and back but if I do not manage to get that done soon, you might want to some how avoid that spot if you are allergic to the darn stuff.  My dog and I both got very long baths yesterday and all clothes went right into the washing machine. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

JoAnn M. Michael
Regional Coordinator, Northern California
Pacific Crest Trail Association