[pct-l] Re: History of Ultralight (was: new resource for homemade

Jardine doesn't claim to have been the first
lightweight hiker. As a matter of fact he starts his
book with a story about 'Granny Packwood'.

What Jardine did do was hike A WHOLE BUNCH of miles.
He applied that experience to the gear he made/carried
and wrote notes about the experience; it's called a
book. Personally, I've benefited greatly from his
experience/book!

Further, by raising awareness to the concept, he's
probably directly contributed to the availability of
commercially available lightweight gear. This is a
good thing where I come from.

Why some of you folks berate him for sharing his
experience is beyond me. Troll? Petty jealously?
Reliving the glory days?

Who knows.

Scott Parks

---