[pct-l] Yellowstone VS Yosemite and Rainier

In a message dated 6/15/2003 7:22:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CMountainDave@aol.com writes:

> The bear problem at Yellowstone used to be the worst in the
> nation. Wonder how in the world they solved that problem without resorting
> forcing backpackers to use canisters?

Probably shot them.

I'm not sure about all of Yellowstone, but the permited backcountry campsites
I visited last year had bear poles (a cross bar between two trees) where you
hung your food.

Except for Yellowstone and Glacier (which had food prep areas seperate from
food storage and sleeping areas) we slept with our food.

Sly