[pct-l] Aquamira

Aquamira is a 2 percent solution of Chlorine Dioxide that is activated
(released) by mixing it with a phosphoric acid solution.  It has no taste that I
could tell, and no side effects from extended use, in my experience at least.  I
used it regularly for five months on the Appalachian Trail last year and
carried no water filter.  (Yes, I know that proves nothing about its effectiveness,
but I only got sick once and that was almost certainly from eating in a
rather suspect restaurant.)

I've not been able to find it at camping stores in my area (including REI),
but I just bought a supply on the internet.  As info, prices at seven web
suppliers ranged from $10.64 to $15.00., plus shipping.  The lowest was
campinggurus.com.  I received the shipment from them in five days, no hassle.
______