[pct-l] Thanks Campy!!

 Thank You Campy for bringing that up about the MRS round the corner!!!! Also
across the street from REI was Railroad Sports which had great outdoor
clothing for the real world and not just for walking in a mail . They had lots of
60/40 cloth coats and vest made of Fiberfill II ( which later became hollowfill
II)  Those old MSR Ice Axes painted orange or blue were classic,. You could
buy the Thunderbird model or the Firebird. Not much fluff with any of those old
stores. They were then grass roots little stores much as Ron's and Henry's
tarp tent businesses are now and developed out of a need for something better
that the Big Boys couldn't yet supply.
   Would I like to see REI go back to the way it was in mid 70's?? YES, of
course, with the adding only of online shopping. As for family camping , let
those folks go to Big Five or Cosco to buy their Taiwanese tents . The REI spring
sales at the old store were a Seattle legend and always got a front page
photo in the Seattle P.I. with people sleeping out in the rain . ( Only Star Wars
tickets and Sports Play-Off tickets generate that today) I doubt today's
stores could ever generation that kind excitement again. When you walked in , you
saw hang glides hanging from the high ceiling. ( Not baby wear) Monte, REI
number  # 599489   Don't miss buying a GSI Vortex Hand _Crank Blender for 69.95 on
page five in your new REI Summer Adventures Flyer you just got in the mail!!!
TIC   ( Case in Point!!!!)