[pct-l] canisters in the Southern Sierra

--- Christine Kudija <cmkudija@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Seems to me that you won't have a need for a
> canister until about Crabtree
> (where there's probably a bear box; I'm sure someone
> will know)...where are you exiting?

thank you Christine, and thanks to everyone else as
well.  i will be exiting at Whitney Portal.  there are
bear boxes at both upper and lower Crabtree, and if i
camp at or above Guitar on the way out then there's no
need for me to worry about bears.

i suppose i could just break down and call Sequoia
National Forest, but i'm fairly sure they will be
cautious and tell me to carry the canister if i have
it.

-e.