[pct-l] canisters in the Southern Sierra

now i DO NOT want to reawaken the canister wars, but i
confess i don't want to carry my 2-pound-plus
Bearikade on my upcoming hike of Section G.

for those who are not rabid haters of canisters, do
you know if bear conditions in the area warrant my
carrying a canister or not?  i've never had to
counterbalance before, and so i worry that i wouldn't
do it correctly.  but if bear problems are minimal
then i'll take my chances.

thanks for your input.