[pct-l] Update from VVR

We just received our first PCT thru-hikers yesterday.  3 people
northbound... Tutu from Santa Cruz, Pacific Beast from Seattle, and Rye
Dog from Rhode Island.  They said that a group of 20 are on the other
side of the pass waiting a week for the snow to melt.  This year, we
plan on posting daily arrivals on our website at
http://www.edisonlake.com <http://www.edisonlake.com>

BTW... I just got back from Edison Lake this weekend and it's gorgeous.
Looks like the snow's melting fast... snow still above 10,000 ft... but
Kaiser Pass will be clear within a week (no big deal if you're hiking
the PCT, but important for those driving in to VVR).  The fish are
biting like mad...

The stream crossings from the PCT to the Mono Creek are a little gnarly
right now... just take your time looking for a good crossing and be
safe!  Edison Lake should be spilling in the next few days.

For those PCT'rs and JMT'rs that are going to be joining us a little
later in the season... the new bath-house should be ready by mid July...
6 showers and a new laundry facility... minimal waiting :)

Bill Richardson
Webmaster
Vermilion Valley Resort