[pct-l] Re: Road up to Cottonwood Pass

Hey Amigo,

Don't know if you remember me from '98 or not - we
spent a night at Kern River camped on the same sand
bar.  I was the one with the nasty poison oak.

I've driven up the road of which you speak several
times.  It's not hard to find.  Just leave Lone Pine
on the main road to Whitney Portal (follow the signs)
that heads straight into the mountains.  When you are
still down in the Alabama Hills, you will take a sharp
left - I think there's a sign there that says "To
Cottonwood Pass," but don't bet on that.  You can see
the endless switchbacks going straight up into the
pass area off the left there.  Once you have turned
left onto the road, it's a direct shot, straight up to
the pass.  At the top, there is a huge parking lot
with restrooms.

Have fun!

Nocona