[pct-l] Re: REI

In a message dated 6/9/03 12:23:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jkeener@backpacker.com writes:

<<
 I like REI a lot. And I'm sorry if others have had a bad experience there.

Hey, I'm an REI guy, too. I thought the old store was cool. I think the new
store (in Seattle) is way cool, and like you say the help, in my experience, is
superb. Much much better than the local stores where I live. I take a one
hour ride on the ferry and walk a mile gladly rather than go to a local store
where the help changes every two weeks and the favorite response is "I don't
know" without the "but I'll find out"
  Sorry, Monte. REI may not be what it used to be, but in my opinion they are
still the best around