[pct-l] Snow south of Reds Meadow

Hi Katy:

Thanks for your great Earth Day trailwork contribution to the PCT at
Reds Meadow. I'm forwarding to you a copy of our current PCTA Region 2
eNews and, if you don't mind, I'll put you on our email list for
receiving occasionally our PCTA spam in the future (email me to be
dropped from the list).

I'd feel priveleged to add anyone interested in our High Sierra trail
projects to the Region 2 eNews email mailing list (see current issue at
http://www.trailprojects.com/eNews3.html )

--

Katy wrote:

"Yesterday I volunteered (for National Trails Day) to
help clear blowdowns, etc. along the PCT between Reds
Meadow and Crater Meadow.  There was almost no snow
until we got up to the junction with the Mammoth Pass
trail, where the trail was completely buried in 3-4
feet of snow.  It was hot and melting fast, though,
and the lower Crater Meadow was more like a swamp than
a meadow...
The road down to Red's will open to the public this
Friday afternoon.
Clearing blowdowns with a two-person saw is hard
work...but we had a lot of fun!
Katy"

--
Campy
Central California Trail Coordinator

http://www.trailprojects.com  or
http://www.trailvolunteer.com  click on PCT

"Time spent doing trail work shall not be deducted from your life!"