[pct-l] Food cache: hang or bear canister?

Food cache: hang or bear canister?

I am planning on doing a 13-day trip for the southern half of the JMT with
two other people in late September.  We will be starting from Florence Lake
and ending at Whitney Portal.  We are trying to plan one food pickup at
Kearsarge.  I have been told that there is a big tree that would be good for
hanging food at the Kearsarge/JMT junction.  Is it possible to hang food at
this point?  If not, is it possible to use the bear boxes at the Kearsarge
parking lot for multiple days (~5) or is the only option to cache an extra
bear canister at this point?  Any suggestions would be welcome as I’m a
novice to this area.

Thanks,
John