[pct-l] Monster bear

 Got this e-mail today from a friend of mine. Thought I'd share it

The following pictures are of a guy who works for the Forest Service in
>Alaska. He was out deer hunting. A large world record Grizzly charged
>him from about 50 yards away. The guy unloaded a 7mm Mag semi-auto
>into the
>bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The monster was still alive so
>he reloaded and capped it in the head. The bear had killed 2 other
>people.
>His last meal was the poor fellow on a nature hike. The Forest Service
>found
>his 38-caliber emptied. He shot 6-times and hit the grizzly 4(they found
>seven 7mm slugs and four 38 caliber slugs in him) but obviously only
>wounded him since it was estimated to be 3 days prior to the bear's
>death by the Forest Service man.
>It was over one thousand six hundred pounds, 12' 6" high at the
>shoulder, to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever
>recorded in the world. Of course, the game department did not let him
>keep it. It will be mounted and put on display at the Anchorage airport
>remind tourist's of the risks involved when in the wild).
>Think about it. You would be level with the bear's belly button when he
>stood, he would
>look you in the eye when walking! This bear on its hind legs could walk
>up to the average single story house and look over the roof at eye
>level.
  Anybody want to reintroduce grizzlies to Ca.? Bet there would be a few
sleeplesss nights in the Sierras. Makes me shudder just to think of running into
that monster on the trail, and no guns allowed! It would make it easier to get
a permit, though