Feeding animals (was Re: [pct-l] Mt. Whitney)

In a message dated 6/5/03 11:02:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
john@frozenpoodle.com writes:

<<
 "A fed animal is a dead animal"

What about the thousands of elk that are fed every winter at Jackson Hole,
Wyoming (officially sanctioned) and many other places in the West when the
snowpack gets too deep? Just let them starve? For every rule there is an exception.
And the squirrels here sure enjoy the daily peanuts
   Read another Rocky Mountain News story about a proposal to use old rights
of way from the 1800's as justification for building roads through National
Parks, wilderness and even private land. The proposal comes not directly from
special interests, but from the Governor of Colorado himself, a former oil
executive and ,guess who, that special interest bitch Gale Norton. Money never
stops talking. Guess I'm just a selfish guy who agrees wholeheartedly with the
selfish principles espoused in the 1964 Wilderness act that allows the minority
of fit people on foot to enjoy solitude. How it ever passed is beyond me, but I
am eternally grateful to those who put out the effort