[pct-l] The RIDDLE continued

goslowgofar@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 Did you know that the park has a Lost and Found
 office? You can turn in found items at any visitor
 center, ranger station or campground office.  You can
 even fill out a form to have the items sent to you if
 they go unclaimed after six months. And, yes they
 really do that.  I have a friend that worked there and
 her job was to send out unclaimed items to the finders
 if they indicated that they wanted them.
 Or maybe you did that?
 Katy >>
 No. I didn't know that. I didn't really want the stove,( I never have used
it) but thought it would be a waste to throw it away. Nobody I knew needed a
stove so I just hung onto it.  The pack had been there for many years. The
fabric was quite deteriorated, with vegetation growing through it and I was quite
surprised that the film turned out at all. This all happened back in the early
80's. I doubt that I would have filed a lost and found report if a bear
dragged off my pack since the odds of someone finding it off trail would be very
remote. It was a good 1/4 mile off the trail. Maybe they did. Guess I'll never
know.
 I found a pair of crampons once on a Three Sisters trip. I gave them away
since I already had a pair.