[pct-l] snow in Lassen National Park

In case anyone is interested in snow depths in Lassen, here is a letter in response to my request to my friend Dan Jones.

JoAnn M. Michael
Regional Coordinator, Northern California
Pacific Crest Trail Association

Yes, I can help you! Snow level depends on elevation aspect and tree
coverage/shade. Right now we have about 4 feet of snow left on the PCT in
Warner Valley (Southern end of the park). At the higher elevations of the
PCT (Twin Lakes area) there is about 8 feet of snow. The highest point on
the road corridor, a little over 8,00 feet has about 18 feet.

Daniel N. Jones
Chief of Maintenance
Lassen Volcanic National Park