[pct-l] Mathematics of the PCT

I think "failure" to complete a thru hike has to do with attitude and/or a
poor choice of footware!  Right or wrong, it is extremely easy to rationalize
reasons to go home, or to give up on any "difficult" endeavor for that matter
  Just read the story of the British dude who had to be rescued from the
North Pole. You should read the posts, 90% of whom want to tar and feather the
guy. How does that saying go?: The world doesn't care about the storms you
weathered, but did you bring in the ship. If he had succeeded, all the jealous
naysayers would of been been forced to say "so what" as a defense for their lack of
dreams. Someday they will be joining the ranks of elderly who say " do it
while your young,kid, before it's too late." Sad, but that was the best advice I
ever had.