[pct-l] Stevens to Stehekin

For David, who plans to hike from Stevens to Stehekin:  In mid-July, you're
going to have to cross snow in some higher places, especially at Fire Creek
Pass, and probably on down to Mica Lake.  The weather is usually good at
that time of year, but there is no guarantee.  We got snowed in on the
flanks of Glacier Peak during August one year, and had to spend an extra
night in a whiteout.  Fire Creek Pass is near enough to the flanks of
Glacier Peak to be considered part of the mountain as far as I am concerned.
  A month later, I wouldn't worry about an ice ax or crampons.  But
mid-July?  I think I would take at least the ice ax.  Be sure to call the
nearest Ranger Station to ask about conditions before you go.  They might
have current information.  What a beautiful trip you are headed into!  Good
luck, and may the sun shine on your trail.

Lindy