[pct-l] Parking for JMT thruhike

this is completely true.  I have thruhiked the JMT twice and left my
car parked at the parking lot in Curry Village both times.  ...no
problems.

Just make sure you don't leave any food in it or anything that a bear
could mistake for food (toothpaste, deodorant, chapstick, 2 year old
french fries that fell under your seat, or anything with a scent).

In 1998, I pulled in to the Curry Village parking lot and had to
avoid running over a guy who was sprinting across the parking lot to
go chase a bear out of the front seat of his Toyota pick up.  We
parked and then went to witness the ursine demolition.  The bear was
sitting in the front seat of the truck and had partially ripped off
the door of the truck.  He was gleefully chomping down on a jar of
peanut butter while the owner of the truck stood a safe distance away
yelling at the bear (which was 100% ineffective).

have fun on the JMT.  it should be a great year for a JMT hike.

peace!
dude