[pct-l] Re: chester

yes, it is a pity that more folks don't go into chester.  it is very
convenient.  it is full service complete with a supermarket, variety of
restaurants, and a few motels.  there is even a creek there where you can
swim (i saw the locals swimming, didn't have time myself).  i didn't go to
the st. bernard's restaurant, i went the other way, but i believe happy jo
and grungy had an excellent steak meal there last summer.  the motels in
chester might get full, especially on summer weekends with many boaters in
town, so keep that in mind.  i ate at the breakfast joint, i forget the
name, but it ain't hard to miss, it was recommended to me by my ride in
("say, where can i get a greasy breakfast in town?").   watch out for the
fast food joints, they can be sketchy.   my friends stayed at a motel in
town, once again, i'm no help as i don't know the name.  but there were
quite a few.  they even had a laundromat.  the hitch wasn't even that bad,
despite the 55mph limit.  chester gets my town stop vote!

mike d-low-renzo