[pct-l] YNP, Ca Update

I did the cable route on Half dome. Lots of fun!! When I got down I decided
to go cross country across a large arc in the trail I soon found an old pack
that had been lying there for years. Inside was a film canister. Out of
curiosity I had it developed. There were pictures of three guys who apparently had
taken a vacation in S.F. before going to Yosemite. The last picture was taken on
the descent of the cable route. For years I wondered what had happened until
an astute young lady explained it quite logically. Can you solve the riddle?
  Things are going better here. My mom has finally agreed to go into assisted
living after falling twice in one day. It is a relief to know she will be
living in a place where they check on her every 2 hours. The price is steep
--$2250/month but she can afford it
 I have decided to go on a long trip to one of my favorite places -- the Wind
River range in Wyoming for an extended therapy session and climb Gannet Peak
and then maybe the Grand Teton (done it twice -- what a great climb it is with
a 120' free rappel) and Granite peak in Montaaaana's Beartooth range. I am
titling the trip the Grand Gannet Granite Gambit as a club outing. Too late in
the season for the Grand Canyon - maybe early Oct. Might just decide to do the
highest points in all 50 States - got only 8 so far in the western states