[pct-l] Hwy 74 to I-10

I haven't hiked the section in several years but even in the fall, I've
been able to get water at Cedar and Apache Springs.  Cedar Springs is
beautiful and a sunrise viewed through the cedars is not to be missed.
But the main reason for this post is to tell you about the heat - it is
here BIG TIME.  I live near Palm Springs and it was 110 today +/- a
degree or two.  When native desert rats are whining about the heat, you
can bet non-acclimated people will be suffering. At Highway 74 and the
PCT, it will still be close to 100 so don't skimp on water.  The weather
service is predicting a cooling trend - only 103 or so tomorrow. 8^(
          Jeff Jones