[pct-l] Hwy 74 to Hwy 10

Mike,

My info is from hiking that section last year so it may vary some today. I was also a bit earlier in the month but in a drier year. I did not get water at either Tunnel Springs or Cedar Springs.

I also understand the distance, one way, to Cedar Springs was one mile.

I got water at Apache Springs. Empty your pack and take only your water containers and pack down to the spring. It's a steep decent!! There is good camping on the saddle as you drop to the springs. If you can take an electrolyte, or such, to "enhance" the water taste.

Deer Springs was just a trickle but 20 yards uphill there was a "Fall" of water off of rocks and easy to get. Good water.

I did not find water at Black Mt campground. From here it's just a long downhill walk to the water fountain at the bottom of the ridge on Snow Creek road. Be advised it is easy to miss the trail just before you cross the blacktop Rd and start across the flat to I-10 below the water fountain. Then cross under the freeway and in about a mile you will come to an area with a bunch of ...."junk". There is a register there and take a left up a dirt road 50 yards to a couple of old mobile homes. That is "The Pink Motel". A great rest stop or overnight stop.

Geezer Bill

This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador