[pct-l] Washington PCT Hiking

 Marge is correct, Washington is best in early Sept. for several reasons.
  First is less people. Start your Hike after labor weekend and you will have
the forest to yourself. Most the scout troops are back in school and well as
all their teachers. Everybody is back to work, family vacations are over and
erveryone is in the mall for the " Back school Sales".
   Second is no bugs. We usually  have had a few frosts high up and bugs are
dead.
   Third is weather. We usually get our " Indian summer " about this time of
year. Yes, you may get rain or even snow, but the snow won't stay in Sept.
After early Oct. all bets are off.
   Fourth is berries are ripe. Fifth is the Elk are rutting and you can hear
the Bull's Bugle all over the cascades.
  I always say to do Rainier's Wonderland trail after labor day. We have nice
sunny days and cool crisp nights .