[pct-l] Section Hiking

Section Hikers,

Okay, its official.  I've grown tired of sending individual emails.
This Section Hiking has generated enough attention to warrant a list
response.

Count me in.  Im more then willing to join in the support group for
section hikers.

Below is the individual messages I sent out.

Crazy Old Scout
Ben
http://crazy_old_scout.tripod.com

Although I am not part of any group, I am section hiking the trail.

Here is another message I sent recently.  Perhaps we could help each
other out.

Thanks
Ben

I am a section hiker of the PCT.  I am usually a solo hiker, and try to
cover about 15-20 miles each time out.  Presently I am getting ready to
go over San Jacinto peak in the near future.  In fact we have a backpack
trip for 5/30 - 6/1.  While I'm not an ultra lighter, I do try to travel
lighter then most regular backpackers.  I carry about pack about 40 lbs.
I wanted to offer the backpack trip to you, since it would give you a
chance to practice some ultralight techniques.  And I might even learn a
thing or two.

Here is the plan for this weekend.

Ben
Crazy Old Scout
http://crazy_old_scout.tripod.com

All,

Your invited to join us for a backpack trip in San Jacinto Wilderness.
The tentative time for the outing is Friday evening 5/30 - Sunday 6/2.
Here are the trip Details.

Friday Evening 5/30
Arrive at camp, (location to be determined) get permits.
Drink Beer

Day One 6/1
Section                                   Miles   Elevation       Elv.
Gain
Fobes Saddle Trial Head - Fobes Saddle    1.5     5200 - 6000     800 ft
Fobes - Apache                            2.6     6000 - 9340     1340
ft
Apache - Little Tahqiutz Valley           6.3     7340 - 8100     760 ft
Camp                                      0.3
Total                                     10.7                    2900
ft

Day Two 6/2
Section                                   Miles   Elevation       Elv.
Gain
Camp                                      0.3
Little Tahqiutz Valley - Saddle Junction  2.2     8060 - 8520     500 ft
Saddle Junction - Strawberry junction     4.2     8100 - 9000     900 ft
Strawberry junction - Marion Mountain Tr. 2.3     8040 - 8640     600 ft
Marion Mountain Trail - Fern Basin        2.8     8640 - 6800     -1800
ft
Total                                     11.5                    2000
ft

Let me know if your interested

Ben