THE FACTS~~ just the facts!! Re: [pct-l] Muir Trail Ranch package fees

>JohnDRandall@aol.com wrote:
>
>> loaded into the lake's small ferry and transported to the
>>opposite site, then loaded onto horses or mules...or driven cross country
on a
>>poorly-defined jeep path up to the ranch, five miles on the eastern side
of the
>>lake.   At the ranch the packages are offloaded, moved to a storage shed and
>>accounted for by the staff.
>> Whatever they charge, $18 or $25 or higher, is a
>>service just like FedEx or UPS.   They aren't saving up for a trip to Bali
with
>>the money they charge for the service.  In fact, they lose money on it;  it's
>>a service to the backcountry community.   Dude, pay the money or mail your
>>packages to Vermillion or hike out to Bishop.  But, please, stop whining.
>>
>>John Randall
>>Birmingham, ALJohn!

John!!

Sounds like you are the whiner!! They have to go into town regularly for
supplies
and we who live in the mountains are used to "winding roads" and a ferry..it
is not
the big deal u make it out as...they charge way too much for a simple cargo
service...
and that jeep path is not "poorly defined"..having been up it a few times it
is quite obvious where it is!!and the ranch hands tool back and forth to town
about every day making beer runs!! ..

they can break even with $1 per package and $5 per package they go buy extra
beer..and $25 a package for a 100 packages is $2500.00, 3 trips to Bali as
you put it!!

these guys are paid minimum wages and the overhead there is simply put
"cheap!"..

Tickets to Bali are a paltry (the airport is really "Denpasar" (DPS), NOT Bali)
$824 R/T!!
                Flights - Search Results
                San Francisco to Denpasar
                Some itineraries require paper tickets. Click "View Details"
to check your itinerary. Shipping fees start at $19.99.

                    $819
                        Adult x 15.00 Booking Fee    $824   Total (USD)
   Depart
                                      1:05 am
                                          Mon., Jun. 16  San Francisco (SFO)

                                                                China Airlines